Monday, June 9, 2008

www.aidtochildren.com


I've gotten two comments now about a new site called: www.aidtochildren.com. It works almost exactly like www.freerice.com. However, each right answer gives .25 cents to World Vision, probably the biggest, broadest, most respected Christian Aid Agency in the world.
It's a brand new site, so the numbers aren't all that impressive yet. Also the game doesn't have as much flexibility as www.freerice.com. The word bank seems to be smaller, so it won't be as good for beginning English learners.
One cool thing about this site is that you can see running total of dollars donated go up as you play. That gives you the opportunity to see how your answers are making a direct impact.
I really believe in World Vision, so I might be playing this site some as well. Also, I'll include it in my recommended websites for my students. Props go out to whoever it was out there who decided to work out this site. This was a great idea (and a great way to mobilizes "roaches" for the Kingdom of God.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I saw that you're writing about aidtochildren.com, which is a great way to give online! I just wanted to let you about a new site called Avanoo (www.avanoo.com), that lets bloggers raise funds and awareness for causes that we care about by simply putting a badge on our blog pages - each time someone clicks on a badge $1 goes to the charity of your choice. Let's get people excited about this new way of giving... which we can do even while we sleep!

-Rajesh