Saturday, June 21, 2008

Day 5: Reading and Playing

Today, as soon as I woke up, I reached down and got Pelican Brief, my latest John Grisham book. I didn't get out of bed until I finished the book. It had a few classic Grisham style turns, but the end was also predictable Grisham style. The heroes escaped the immanent tragedy and fall in love.

Sarah went shopping with the girls at a nearby outlet mall, and they all took advantage of a big sale of some unmentionables for 47 cents.

Later, Emma, Sarah, Leah (Sarah's sister), and I went swimming in the city pool. It was fun, but Emma didn't want to share any of the balls.


We finished off the day playing cards with our friends Jess and Jon, who are graciously letting us bunk at their house. With 6 kids in the family, Sarah's house gets pretty cramped when we come home. By staying with Jess and Jon (about a mile away), we get two nice walks in every day and Luke (Sarah's brother) gets to sleep in his own bed instead of on the couch.

All in all, a very good day, and a classic vacation day - just doing whatever the wind blew our way. That feels good.

(I even got in most of the Croatia vs. Turkey soccer game. I couldn't finish because they went into overtime, and it was time for cards to start.)

No comments: