Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Day 8: One Prayer and West Side Story

Tuesday was a fast day of sorts. Our church is participating in an international event called ONE PRAYER, and on Tuesdays churches around the world are invited to pray that God will make us one and that God will answer our deepest prayers for the Church. (http://www.oneprayer.com/)

I skipped breakfast, read from Finding Our Way Again by Brian McClaren, and prayed. But then, I was drafted to cook lunch. So I ate lunch and skipped supper. Before and during supper, I spent time reading and praying for myself and for our church.


After supper, we gathered together to watch The West Side Story, AFI's GREATEST MOVIE #51. I have to say it's not all it was cracked up to be. All of the singing and dancing was a bit cheezy to me. But I'm not much of a musical kind of guy, anyway. The plot line was extremely pressed. The heroine has a deeper attachment to her love of 2 days than she does to her own brother. The ending was also poignant yet lacking. I guess I'll have to give it a mere 3J's, mostly for the classic songs that it sported beautifully. Otherwise, it would only pull in 2 J's. I was fighting hard to stay awake toward the end of the movie.

No comments: