Friday, February 8, 2013

100 Things I Love About Korea: #65 - Replay - Bath House With the Pastors

This is a repost from May 12, 2010.

Yesterday, I went to a meeting of Cheonan pastors.  After lunch, we  played soccer at a field across town.   I asked if I'd be able to make  it back for my 5pm appointment.  "No problem.  We finish at 4pm."
We had a nice game on a short field with side walls and a back net thing that kept the ball in play.  No big fouls and two goals (one off the goalie's butt!).  Nice day for a defender.

After  the game, everyone decides to go to the public bath house for a "quick  15 minute shower."  I enjoy the shower, hot tub, sauna, and postlude  shower.  Then one of the other pastors asks me to scrub his back - not  kidding - and remember, we're completely naked.  This is actually a sign of friendship and care.  It's common to see father and son pairs giving each other a good scrub down.  After a few minutes, he offered to scrub my back.  It actually felt pretty good.

After about an hour, we finally left, and I was 30 minutes late for my appointment.  But ... good times.

No comments: