Sunday, January 13, 2013

100 Things I Love About Korea # 37: Block-I Lego Cafe


I always envied my friends’ lego collections.  They always seemed to have the latest Star Wars or Ninja sets.  My only chance was to be invited over to their houses to play - or more recently to play with the kids when we go over to someone’s house.
But Emma hasn’t had this problem in Korea - thanks to Block-I, a “Lego Cafe.”  Block-I is a chain of small stores with a “library” of lego sets, puzzles, and board games.  Kids can enjoy safe, supervised, educational play for an hour or two at a time, and parents can get some super cheap babysitting.  For those who pay ahead for a package deal, the cost is only 4,000 won an hour (about $3.50).  
Rewind my life 10 years - before I had kids of my own to escape from - and I would be a regular customer myself!

1 comment:

StampingJudy said...

Come and see us, Josh and Emma (and all) and Emma and you can play with our extensive Lego Collection.