Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Wednesday in Manila


I didn't actually get the camera out today. I got slowed down by a wrong turn on my way to the grocery store. Then, I spent the rest of the day in a long series of spontaneous but very productive meetings.
So here are a few pics of the campus that I lifted from google.


The white building is the chapel building - kind of like an old fashioned campground tabernacle - no AC, just screened windows and fans. It was hot but OK.

The big brown building is APNTS's newest building, and it is unfinished. The first floor and the basement are finished, and as I understand it, they are waiting on work and witness teams to finish the rest of the building - part of which will include a much expanded library.




One of my meetings today was with the director of World Missions Communication - Asia Pacific. Check out their services provided and the portfolio. Because they are located in the Philippines, set up house at APNTS, and get some subsidies from the Church of the Nazarene, they can do excellent stuff at low prices. Part of their mission is to serve churches on the Asia Pacific region to help them become more effective in ministry through better media. I am excited about meeting them. I'm already starting to assemble a wish list of how they can help our church.

I also had two other interesting meetings.
One was with a Philippino couple who will be coming to Seoul this summer to work with a Nazarene church there. They will teach in the church's kindergarten and lead an English worship service.
Another was with the director of the Asia-Pacific Resource Center, also on the campus of APNTS. This organization is working on establish some outsourcing systems within the Nazarene community. For example, I am typing this from within a call center for Nazarene Child Sponsorship. Pretty cool!

No comments: