Thursday, March 19, 2009

Going to Manila

This Sunday evening I'll fly out for the Philippines. One of Korea's odd rules is that if you want to change your visa status, you have to leave the country. I'm changing from an English teacher's visa to a religious worker's visa. (Hopefully! Please, God, please!)
I'm not sure exactly how long I'll have to be gone. Right now, my return is booked for Friday, March 27. If everything goes smoothly, then that should be no problem. But, if the approval process takes longer than normal, then I might have to stay in the Philippines for a few extra days (or weeks).
I'll be staying on the campus of Asia-Pacific Nazarene Theological Seminary, in Tay Tay, just outside Manila. I'm excited about that. I've heard a lot about it, and I've been wanting to visit for a long time. Sometime in the distant future, I think it would be great to teach there. In the meantime, I look forward to meeting the Nazarene leaders in that part of the world. Maybe we'll be able to talk about some options for a long-term partnership for our church.
Also, I'll spend some afternoons recruiting students for Owens International College, a new department here at KNU that offers 100% of its classes in English. I'm excited about the potential of OIC, and I'm excited to be able to offer KNU some practical help.

Unfortunately, Sarah and Emma won't be able to join me for the weekend like we originally planned. The timing just didn't work out. We were all really looking forward to spending some time on the beach together. Next time, next time.

No comments: