Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Summer Goals

All of our pastoral team is setting goals 3 times a year. Here are my goals for this summer (May to August).


  1. Make sure everything is ready while I am gone, and especially while Matt and I are both gone.

  2. Help the Advisory Council teams accomplish their final goals for the church year.

  3. Read the book, Transforming Church Boards, and make plans to improve our Advisory Council Meetings.

  4. Guide the preparations for our Annual Meeting: budget finalization, choosing our long-term partnership, nominations, etc.

  5. Help the Circle of Leadership create enough of a foundation to start a pilot program at the beginning of the fall semester.

(I am not going to finish my sermons a week in advance over the summer, but I hope to start this in the fall.)


I think the most important thing I can do this summer is to help all of our AC teams finish the year with a sense of accomplishment and value (#2). We need for every one of our teams to be able to look back on the year and say, “We did something important. We made a difference. I am glad I helped with this. We can do it again.”



No comments: