Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Post #200 - Debt Countdown and Retreating

So this is Post #200 in the Humble Future series. I've been surprised at who checks this out. I enjoy doing this, sometimes a little too much, so I hope you folks out there are enjoying it, too.

Debt Countdown: This week, Sarah and I paid off the last of her loan for her Master's degree, and a sizable chunk of our combined debt from her BA and my MDiv. So, from a shockingly high combined school loan debt, we're now down to a "kill-able" amount. That feels really good. What feels even better is that with our savings from the last half of 2008, we might be able to be completely debt free by the end of 2008!

Retreating: Tomorrow morning I'll take a series of buses up into the mountains of northeast South Korea. I'm taking a retreat at a Catholic retreat center outside of YangYang near Seorak mountain. It is a beautiful area. I've been there twice before, and I'm really looking forward to getting away and into some silent rest, reflection, hiking, nature time, and maybe even some swimming. I'll come back on Sunday night. If you think about me, please pray that God will help me to connect deeply with him during this time.

No comments: