Friday, October 31, 2008

The Advent of Good Salsa

Amazed. Flabbergasted. Shocked. Delighted. Incredulous.
There are hardly words to express my joy in finding this beautiful bottle of bold, biting, flavorful salsa in our cupboard yesterday.
I added salsa to our shopping list, expecting to get the overpriced, undersized weak imitation of salsa, made in (I'm not kidding you) Belgium. I've got nothing against Belgians, and I've got to support targeting an unfulfilled marketing niche. This stuff is better than nothing (which is what we sometimes get in Korea), but Belgians just don't know what salsa is supposed to taste like!
I was totally floored to open our cupboard door last night and find some "Pain Is Good - Batch #114 Jamaican Pineapple Salsa"!!! The people at Original Juan Specialty Foods in Kansas City, Kansas, USA, have absolutely figured out the art of scrumptious, well-rounded salsas (and other knock your top off sauces). This flavor is labeled "Wussy Mild," which makes it fitting for Sarah and Emma as well.

However, I look forward to making a trip back to E-Mart to garner some of the Batch #37 Habanero Garlic Salsa. It's so hot, you can only eat a few chips full in one sitting. That's what I'm talking about!
Three cheers for Korean stores carrying more imports!!!

No comments: