Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Tagged

My friend David Brush tagged me with a blog game.
Here are the rules:
  1. Tell us eight things about yourself on your blog.
  2. When you are done writing these eight things about yourself on your blog, you tag eight people and list their names to do the same thing.
  3. Leave them a comment informing them they have been tagged, and to read your blog so they will know they have been tagged and are now "it."

So, here are 8 random factoids about me.
1. Today my primary task has been working through my back emails. This seems to be a never ending task for me, but it is particularly acute now because of my summer travels.
2. I get lots of free clothes. My mom buys lots of stuff at garage sales at amazing prices. My dad used to give me his old clothes. Lots of my friends share their stuff with me when they leave Korea. The bonus here is that my wardrobe has a nice rotation without spending any money.
3. I got up at 6am this morning to play soccer. Kind of crazy to most of you, but a group of 30 something Korean men get together every morning to play near my house, and this is one time when I can play without disrupting my schedule.
4. I just got a new computer. My desk top computer has been acting up for almost a year. I'm still using it now (until I can get an English operating system on my new laptop, second hand from SuJin), but it has random technical farts which are really frustrating. Sometimes programs won't load. Other times I can't open documents. Other times, it is outrageously slow for no particular reason.
5. I'm reading The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald.
6. I was 25 minutes late to my 11 am class today. For some reason I thought it was Wednesday. I do this about once a semester. According to Sarah, I'm an "absent minded professor."
7. I'm taking a spiritual retreat October 2 to October 5. I try to do this twice a year, but I haven't done it since last summer. Now I'm long overdue.
8. Emma's favorite game to play with me is "Gettin' Time." We learned this game from the Willey family, and it involves chasing the kids around the house and "attacking" them with tickles.

I'm not going to do the tags because it feels like one of those email forward things to me, but if you want to do it, feel free to post your own 8 random things in the comments, or give me a link to your blog.

No comments: