Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Days 10-14

Well, so much for blogging every day. I guess I'm having too much fun vacationing. Well, on Friday, we went to a 70 year old movie theater in a small town. It was the first movie theater with sound in this part of Iowa. We saw Wall-E, which was a great social commentary on technology and environmental degredation.
Then on Saturday, we went to Sarah's grandfather's farm. I wasn't able to blog there because - brace yourself for this - there was no internet access. Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but there are some places in the world where there is still no internet.
On Sunday we went to one of the most conservative Nazarene churches on the plannet. One of their last pastors faced a major church conflict because he invited people out to eat for Sunday lunch (therby making people work on the Sabbath!). At our Sunday lunch, appropriately enough at my grandfather's house, I said I wouldn't last 6 months at that church. They might even fire me after the first sermon.
On Monday, Sarah's dad and grandfather cut up an old combine for scrap metal. That was a first for me, and I have a new respect for people who haul scrap iron.
On Tuesday morning, I finished reading Harry Potter 6 - Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. This was by far my favorite. I was completely shocked by the ending, and I'm hoping that somehow it might be reversed in book 7. However, I'm not holding my breath on that one.

No comments: