Monday, November 26, 2007

Don't Just Read, People! Post Something!

So lots of people out there have told me you are reading this blog (well maybe not lots, but a good strong handful, anyway), especially the house church discussion.
Don't just read! Post something!
I know that some of you are introverts, and you need time after you read to process the information and think about what you would like to say. Not everyone has diareah of the mouth, like me, where whatever you are thinking just comes right out.
But come back to the discussion after a few days or a few weeks. Put something up there. Even if you've talked to me personally, post it on the blog so that others can hear what you have to say, too. And make sure to read the comments from other people, too. I hope this can be a wider discussion.
Looking forward to more feedback from you out there, whoever you are.

1 comment:

David Brush said...

I can understand where your frustration comes from. I find a commenter is pretty rare. In my experience for every 20 views you can expect maybe 1 comment. Most of the blogs with long threads are have thousands of unique hits a day. I have had people at church come up to me and church and want to dialog on something I wrote, and I have to say I am okay if that is all that they do.

Some if it is tech savvy, some of it is personality, a lot if it is just simple self conscious fear of saying something that others might find silly or mundane. The writing level that takes place on some entries and comments may intimidate them.

Bottom line is blogging has no formal rule set for participating, so you probably wont get it by asking directly. I appreciate your thoughts and the chance to dialog as it is something that 6000+ miles keeps us apart from a personal dialog.

Your friend,
David