Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Advertising here?

So almost every time I log in to this site, blogger (the host) is encouraging me to install some advertisements. I have mixed feelings about this.
On one hand: it feels a little cheesy and commercialized. I guess it technically would be a "commercial." I'm uncomfortable combining advertising with spiritual content, especially when I encourage folks from my church to check out my site. It could make it seem like I'm asking them to go to my site just to boost my readers numbers for the advertisements.
On the other hand: I might be able to limit my advertising to select causes, like world vision, ONE, etc. That might be just a way to help people connect with meaningful organizations. Also, it could potentially be a little free money.
What do you folks out there think about this?

1 comment:

David Brush said...

You can follow my comment here.

http://davidbrush.com/?p=108#comments