Saturday, February 28, 2009

Vertigo - #9 AFI Best Movie of All Time

Sarah and I are continuing our treck through the AFI's 100 Best Movies of All Time. This is an Alfred Hitchcock movie, and the best thing I can say about it is that it was classically wierd.
The main character (Jimmy Stewart - same as It's a Wonderful Life) has a trauma induced case of vertigo (loss of balance), and this is symbolic of the whole movie. The whole movie is designed to give the viewer a similar sense of psychological vertigo. You don't know which end is up or what is really happening. The whole movie ends in a similar super-wierd manner.
Neither Sarah and I cared for it all that much. I'm inclined to give it 3j's just because it's a classic, but I think it's really only worth 2j's. (After all, this is only my rating of how I feel about the movie.) So, jj it is.

No comments: