The difference between what we do and what we are capable of doing would suffice to solve most of the world’s problems.
– Mohandas Gandhi
Our World’s 4 Great Crises:
- The Prosperity Crisis: Our global economy is producing great wealth for one third of the population, but this same global system is leading us to an environmental breakdown.
- The Equity Crisis: The rich get richer, and the poor get poorer. While one third of the world experiences amazing wealth, two thirds of the world struggle in (or near) poverty.
- The Security Crisis: Increasing anger, fear, polarization, and advanced weapons make wide scale destruction (through war or terrorism) a real possibility.
- The Spirituality Crisis: The world’s largest religions (Christianity and Islam) have failed to provide a framework for healing or significantly reducing these crises.
(Brian McClaren, Everything Must Change, pg 5.)
- WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THESE FOUR CRISES? DOES THIS FAIRLY DESCRIBE OUR WORLD?
- WHAT DO JESUS’ LIFE, DEATH, AND RESURRECTION SAY ABOUT THESE CRISES?
- HOW CAN YOU WORK FOR THE GOOD OF ALL PEOPLE (See Matthew 7:12.)?