Wednesday, March 19, 2008

7 Years!

Tuesday was our 7th wedding anniversary. Marrying Sarah is one of the best things I've ever done. She is beautiful, kind, responsible, intelligent, and passionately loving. I am more in love with her now than I was 7 years ago! Sunday night, I was playing soccer, and Sarah and Emma were watching on the sidelines. One of the guys on the other team said, "Is that your wife? She's beautiful." I said, "Yes, she is!" I felt like a lucky man!
On Tuesday, I tried to visit her class, but I went to the wrong one. When it was empty, I thought she must have dismissed early.
But I caught her on Wednesday. She asked me to bring something to her class that she had forgotten at home. When I walked in, I wrote on the board a shortened version of a little poem I wrote in our first year of marriage: "I am the luckiest man in the world ... She chose me. I am the smartest man in the world ... I chose her."
Later in the day, Sarah and Emma surprised me in my class. Sarah had a notebook with the same poem (adapted to emphasize that she was the lucky one) written out page by page - in the style of Love Actually. Emma had a box of candy to share with the class. It was beautiful. Unfortunately, Emma stole the show when I told her to start sharing the candy before Sarah was done flipping the pages. I should have known that would happen. She's like Princess Di over here. Anyway, it was beautiful even if I do disagree with who is the luckiest and the smartest.
We had a foretaste of celebration by having a quiet dinner together under a small pavilion near our house. Joe and Elena took care of Emma, but after an hour it was time to go to small group. We'll have our annual anniversary trip next weekend. We are eager to try out a new Italian restaurant and Cold Stone Creamery (possibly the best ice cream in the world), both of which are in Seoul now. Our friends Seth and Anne have volunteered to watch Emma overnight as payment for my doing their wedding in February. I can hardly think of a better way to say thank you!

No comments: