Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Calling All Classics

I guess I have commented on this a few times recently, but I am developing a hunger for great literature and movies. I just finished reading Gilead a Pulitzer Prize winning book. Sarah and I recently finished Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen. Before that, we read more than 1,000 pages of Sherlock Holmes short stories.
So if anyone out there in the Cheonan area has some classic books or movies, I'd like to read them - if you're willing to put them on loan to me (and maybe Sarah too). I'm also interested in prize winners (Pulitzer, Nobel, etc.). I'm just craving the really good stuff. I'm reading a book right now that has a good premise (a guy who was actually resurrected from the dead), but the writing is pretty poor over all.
You might be interested in these lists:
100 Best Novels
100 Best Movies (American)
250 Best Movies (any nationality)

No comments: