Thursday, February 21, 2008

Arrow in the Back

I often have mild back pain. I had a minor injury in High School, and my stress collects in my upper back, causing tension and knots.
However, starting on Tuesday night or Wednesday morning, I have had sudden, random pain between my spine and my right shoulder blade. The slightest movements can set it off one minute, and lifting something heavy or doing the same exact thing a minute later might have no effect.
Thursday night, at pool night, the pain reached its zenith. I felt like I had been accosted by American Indians and still had an arrow in my back. There was a steady pain (like from the intruding arrow), with sudden, random, very sharp pain (as if the arrow bumped into something I couldn't see). Great fun.
In the taxi on the way home, I canceled my appointments for today. I have spent most of the day in bed. The pain is significantly less today, so I haven't been to the doctor yet. I'm waiting to find the location of a highly recommended eastern medicine doctor. I haven't been very impressed with chiropractors here, and our family practice doctor would just give me pain relievers. Unless the pain gets bad again, I'll just take it easy for the rest of the day.
Maybe not a very exciting post, but it's what's happening around here - other than that I was 2nd place in last night's pool tourney, despite the arrow in my back. Random!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have to say I was skeptical about acupuncture before I came to Korea but now I'm a lifelong convert. They stick needles into your skin and then hook them up to electrodes so you feel your muscles tense under your skin: very strange. But effective. Consider it.
Bruce ki