Monday, January 16, 2012

The Trail to Seven Pines - Review

So, I'm an addict.  I started reading this book on Thursday, and I'm finished already (Tuesday).  If it's a good story - especially with a lot of action - I get sucked in, and I try to read in every spare minute.
In The Trail to Seven Pines, Louis L'Amour doesn't do anything spectacular.  The plot is basically predictable.  The good guys beat the bad guys.  However, the twists in the details and the nearly poetic landscape descriptions keep it interesting.  Once again, I couldn't put it down.
This book was less reflective than The Ferguson Rifle, but it was still a good, fun read.  Again, he reminds me of John Grisham, only writing about a different time and place.  You pretty much know where you're going to end up, but the journey is still worth the ride.  (Thanks again Grandma and Grandpa!)
The Josh rating: JJJ.

No comments: