Friday, January 16, 2009

Family Series 2: Marriage

December had come again, and Tibodeau and Marie were sitting on their porch watching the gators swim by, and they were talking about what to give everybody for Christmas. Pretty soon, Marie stood up and look at Tibodeau right in the face, and she say, “You know what I want for Christmas?”
“uh ...”
“I say – You know what I want for Christmas? Tibedeau, you old crusty alligator!”
“Keah, woman, what you want for Christmas? I never got no idea!”
“I want a divorce, Tib. That's what I want. I want a divorce.”
And Tibedeau, he didn't even have to think twice about that. He say, “Mais, Marie, I wasn't planning to spend that much on you this Christmas!”

Marriage can be tough. Sometimes it's hard to know what the other person even wants. Sometimes we know what the other person wants, but it's hard to give it.

Imagine that you went to the eye doctor ...


To continue reading this sermon, click here.

.

No comments: