Monday, April 7, 2008

Shot out to the Jayhawks fans


All right, here's a shot out to the Jayhawks fans out there. After living in Kansas City for almost 10 years, I know you're out there, and I know some of you read here. So, congratulations on finally bringing the NCAA national trophy back to Topeka. After 20 years of being ranked #1 at one time or another without ever finishing #1, you guys deserve to celebrate.

(For all of my non-American friends, you probably need a little explanation here. Every year all of the big universities in the USA have a huge nation-wide basketball tournament. The winners of this tournament get millions of dollars in advertisement bonuses plus bragging rights for years to come. As strange as it seems to outsiders, college sports are a huge deal in the USA.)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Go KU! After 7 year of going off and on and never quite making it its about time...

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your support, Josh. I am a graduate of KU and it feels real good to be part of a winning team and season. The last time this happened was the year I left (without my degree yet) to minister to others in a third-world country atmosphere. There was no time to celebrate in the midst of poverty. Today I read your most recent missle, "I mad as ____ and I'm not going to take it anymore." O. K. so that wasn't the real title but I did enjoy the video clip. I just want you to know that in the midst of my celebration I am crying inside that God's church, an much of my denomination, is in many respects sleepwalking. I'm working on answering the questions you posed in your sermon.

Love,

Your mature friend from Olathe.